The best and worst 4th of July
For the fourth of July, we usually go across the river from where they shoot the fireworks. If you live in Wenatchee, you know people are going to shoot not so legal fireworks. We had just gotten set-up when someone shot a very pretty firework, it had red, white and blue stars, but something went wrong when he was lighting it. I saw the sparks on the ground. Then not a second later I hear my Mom and Mary (one of our friends) shouting, "FIRE FIRE FIRE."
Oh, did I tell you we were in a field of dry weeds; if there wasn't a path out of the weeds, we all would have been burnt toast.
So I run as fast as I can towards the other side of the dry weeds, not thinking anything but, "Run to the other side". At first, I don't hear my Papa shouting, "Hannah, Hannah!" Finally I hear him, but for some reason I thought it was someone else calling for their child. But then I looked and saw my Papa shouting at ME, so then I go back to the path with my family. We head across the field. My Papa calls 911 and it was busy, so he called again and finally got a hold of them.
As the firetrucks and ambulance arrive, we're all across the weeds. The firemen got the flames put out quikly. After they put it out, everyone starts heading back to their spots to watch the real "firework" show. We didn't. We just went home and wached some fireworks from Seattle and Boston on TV. I don't think I will ever feel the same about fireworks agian. But God watched over us and none of us were hurt. My Papa said, "God has a plan for me and that is why He saved me."
Thank you God!
your friend,
Hannah K. Thomas
Oh, did I tell you we were in a field of dry weeds; if there wasn't a path out of the weeds, we all would have been burnt toast.
So I run as fast as I can towards the other side of the dry weeds, not thinking anything but, "Run to the other side". At first, I don't hear my Papa shouting, "Hannah, Hannah!" Finally I hear him, but for some reason I thought it was someone else calling for their child. But then I looked and saw my Papa shouting at ME, so then I go back to the path with my family. We head across the field. My Papa calls 911 and it was busy, so he called again and finally got a hold of them.
As the firetrucks and ambulance arrive, we're all across the weeds. The firemen got the flames put out quikly. After they put it out, everyone starts heading back to their spots to watch the real "firework" show. We didn't. We just went home and wached some fireworks from Seattle and Boston on TV. I don't think I will ever feel the same about fireworks agian. But God watched over us and none of us were hurt. My Papa said, "God has a plan for me and that is why He saved me."
Thank you God!
your friend,
Hannah K. Thomas


3 Comments:
At 2:12 PM,
Johnathan M. Thomas said…
God does have a plan for you... I know it. I'm sorry this terrible thing happened.
You are a brave little girl with a wonderful heart.
I love you very much.
Papa.
At 9:16 AM,
Hannah K. Thomas said…
Thanks Papa! I love you too!
love,
Hannah
At 2:19 PM,
Jason Hill said…
Thanks for sharing your version of this story. I can't imagine how crazy it would have been to be that close to a real fire. I'm glad you are ok!
Post a Comment
<< Home